Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Salted Caramel Cheesecake in the Big Green Egg
- 250g Digestives/Shortbread Biscuits
- 75g Salted Pretzels
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 750g Cream Cheese
- 3 Tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 190g sour cream
- 2 cups (500g) caster sugar
- 300g Caramel (Nestle Top ‘n Fill Caramel)
- 3 eggs
- 1-2 tsp Salt Flakes
- 100g Caramel Pop Corn (Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs)
- 200g Caramel (Nestle Top ‘n Fill Caramel)
- 100g Pretzels
- of the cheesecake for an added hit of caramel.
Before you get started, lightly butter a 24cm springform cake tin and line the base and sides with baking paper.
- Pop the biscuits and pretzels into a food processor and give them a blitz till you have a consistent texture. Pop them into a bowl, add the melted butter and mix until combined well.
- Pour base mix into cake tin, flatten out with spoon and compact with a base of a glass till you have an evenly compacted base all round. Pop it into fridge while you get the cheesecake filling prepared.
Setup Big Green Egg:
Set up the Big Green Egg with Natural Lump Charcoal and get your temps up to 160C/320F and pop the ConvEggtor in, make sure you let the smoke from the initial charcoal burn settle down before popping your cheesecake in.
- Making sure the cream cheese is at room temperature, use a beater or mixer on the lowest speed to beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour, beat until just combined, scraping down the sides as you go.
- Then add the vanilla, sour cream, sugar and beat until combined.
- Add the caramel and beat until combined.
- Add the salt and beat until combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat mixture between each egg until combined.
- Tap the mixing bowl on the bench to remove any unwanted air bubbles, the longer you can do this, the better your cheesecake will turn out.
- Pour mixture into cake tin.
Bake the Cheesecake:
Pop the cake tin into the Big Green Egg, close the lid and bake until cheesecake sets on top and only wobbles a little when moved. This can take anywhere from 1-1.5 hours.
Once done, let cheesecake cool down, popping it into the fridge overnight once it reaches room temperature.
- Place the can of caramel into a bowl of boiling water and let caramel warm up and get to a pourable consistency.
- Pop the pretzels into a bowl and roughly break them up with your fingers.
- Add the Caramel Popcorn
- Add half the melted Caramel and mix until the pretzels and popcorn have a coating of caramel.
- Decorate the top of your cheesecake with the pretzel and popcorn mix,
- Drip the remaining caramel around the edges